VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / July 20, 2021 / RE Royalties Ltd. (TSXV:RE) ('RE Royalties' or the 'Company'), a global leader in renewable energy royalty-based financing, is pleased to announce the following corporate updates.
The Company has a robust pipeline of potential royalty financing opportunities and is in advanced discussions on several opportunities that have a cumulative transaction value of $46.8 million Canadian dollars, and include the following:
- Renewable Natural Gas 1: $8.5 million loan and royalty acquisition of two renewable natural gas projects located in the United States. The loan will be used to complete the conversion of an existing facility, and the construction of a second facility, for converting agricultural waste from local dairy farms to produce renewable natural gas.
- Battery Storage 1: $12.5 million royalty acquisition with a United States company to finance the production of mobile utility-scale battery storage units, for sale and rental to electricity utilities in the United States.
- Battery Storage 2: $5.8 million sale-leaseback and royalty acquisition with a Canadian company to finance a battery powered electric generator rental pool program for a major utility located in California. The battery powered generators are portable and will be utilized for emergency backup power to assist the utility in building grid resiliency during the California fire season.
- Battery Storage 3: $10 million loan and royalty acquisition with a Canadian company to finance the acquisition of a portfolio of operational commercial-scale battery storage projects and to finance the construction of a second portfolio of battery storage projects, located in Ontario.
- Battery Storage 4: As previously announced on March 29, 2021, the Company has entered into a non-binding letter of intent for a $10 million loan and royalty acquisition with Canigou Molonglo Bess Pty Ltd. ('Canigou') to finance a 10-megawatt battery storage project located near Canberra, Australia. The Company continues to advance due diligence with Canigou with the aim of completing the transaction in the fourth quarter of this year.
The above pipeline opportunities are still subject to completion of due diligence to the satisfaction of the Company, negotiation of definitive documents, satisfaction of customary conditions precedent for each transaction, and approval by the Company's Board of Directors. No assurance is provided that any or all of the opportunities will result in a completed transaction.
The Company is also pleased to announce that the Board of Directors of the Company has declared a cash distribution of $0.01 per issued and outstanding common share for the quarter ending June 30, 2021.
The distribution is payable on August 25, 2021, to shareholders of record on August 4, 2021.
The distribution is designated by the Company to be a dividend for the purpose of the Income Tax Act (Canada) and any similar provincial or territorial legislation. The cumulative amount of dividends declared for the 2021 fiscal year has been $0.02 per common share.
Bernard Tan, CEO of the Company, commented, 'Demand for our royalty financing solutions continues to be strong and we are very pleased to be able to provide our shareholders with another dividend. Our team is committed to growing our royalty portfolio and we are currently reviewing a number of different transactions that will provide our investors with a strong growing yield.'
On Behalf of the Board of Directors,
About RE Royalties Ltd.
RE Royalties acquires revenue-based royalties from renewable energy generation facilities by providing a non-dilutive financing solution to privately held and publicly traded renewable energy generation and development companies. RE Royalties is the first to apply this proven business model to the renewable energy sector. The Company currently owns 84 royalties on solar, wind and hydro projects in Canada, Europe and the United States. The Company's business objectives are to provide shareholders with a strong growing yield, robust capital protection, high rate of growth through re-investment and a sustainable investment focus.
For further information, please contact:
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Forward Looking Statements
This news release includes forward-looking information and forward-looking statements (collectively, 'forward-looking information') with respect to the Company and within the meaning of Canadian securities laws. Forward looking information is typically identified by words such as: believe, expect, anticipate, intend, estimate, postulate and similar expressions, or are those, which, by their nature, refer to future events. This information represents predictions and actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking information may relate to the Company's future outlook and anticipated events or results and may include statements regarding the Company's financial results, future financial position, expected growth of cash flows, business strategy, budgets, projected costs, projected capital expenditures, taxes, plans, objectives, industry trends and growth opportunities. The reader is referred to the Company's most recent filings on SEDAR for a more complete discussion of all applicable risk factors and their potential effects, copies of which may be accessed through the Company's profile page at www.sedar.com.
SOURCE: RE Royalties Ltd.
View source version on accesswire.com: